Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Super power that I would like to have the most (revised)

I think every person in the world would like to have at least a one super power. Of cause it would be nice to have all of them; however, if I had to choose I would prefer to be able to become invisible any time I want and make people or things that I touch invisible too. I want to have this power not because I would like to become a super hero and help all people who need it, but because I could use it for my own selfish purposes. It is even hard to imagine how many different things I would be able to do if I was invisible. The main thing would be traveling. There are two kinds of traveling: first is for family needs and second is for fun. Other things that I would do are not so nice; however, I am still going to tell about them, but later.
At present period of my life traveling for family needs is the most important thing for me and I am going to explain why. I have arrived in the US in 2006, in my birth day, as a member of the student summer program “Work and Travel”. Nobody knew then that it is going to be something more than just a summer vacation. When August was coming to the end, I already have not been so sure that I am going back home. So, all students left in September and I have stayed and got married; it was such a happy moment. However, it was not so exciting later; by USA immigration law I am not allowed to leave America and come back if I do not have a Green card (which was supposed to be issued to me more than year ago). American government does not care if I have husband here; if I leave we probably will never see each other again. We even cannot have honeymoon like all normal couples, because almost all exotic and affordable places are located out of the US. God knows when the US Immigration Services will decide to give me my desirable Green Card, but right now I have been living in the US for more than two years and have not been home even once. My parents cannot visit me neither because it is almost impossible to get a US travel visa. Furthermore, I always think that if something happens back in Russia I will have to make a choice between my family and my husband. That is why if I had power to become invisible I would sneak in on a plain that goes to Russia, visit my family and come back to America or I would go to place where government prints Green Cards and “borrow” one. It would make my life so much easier than it is now, because lack of ability to see my family any time I want puts huge pressure on me.
Traveling for fun would include visiting different countries as Brazil, Egypt, New Zealand, Australia and Caribbean. I have always wanted to see a colorful carnival in Rio de Janeiro, climb the ancient Pyramids or go inside (actually, I am not sure about it, because who knows what kind of traps has still not been discovered). Furthermore, I have heard that New Zealand is the most beautiful place on the Earth; it has very comfortable climate: not humid and not dry. How would power to be invisible help me to do it? I would go on the plain without paying for it. It sounds kind of exciting to walk next to people and be not noticeable. This would save me a lot of money or allow me to go somewhere when I do not have money at all. It may look that ability to fly would help me more; however, I would not be able to take luggage or other person with me. Also, I could go somewhere just for weekend. For example, when it is cold, windy and gloomy in Virginia Beach I could look up weather on the Internet, get on a plain and fly to some place where I could lay on a sun, drink Pina Colada and listen to sounds of the ocean. Further more, I would go to the Space on the next space ship if I could call going to the Space a traveling. When I was younger I have always dreamed of being astronaut; go to the open space, feel , see stars closer than the are on the Earth, maybe walk on the Moon or even Mars. What can be better? I think it is the best experience a person can have because it is something that is hard to imaging. It is something that you will never experience on the Earth.
There is other very important reason why I want to have the power to become invisible. Can you just imagine how many secrets there are on the Earth? And I bet that governments of different countries have answers on most of them. For example, would not it be interesting to know who killed President Kennedy? I think almost every American, and not only American, is dying to know the true about the assassination of the 20th century. Also, there are so many questions about UFO and if it has ever come to the Earth. Who knows, maybe small “green people” live among us and we even do not have a clue about it. It is even possible that one of our friends is alien. Or maybe all these strange shaped space ships that some people have seen on the dark sky were just government experiments. Furthermore, there are so many closed files about The First and Second World Wars. For me, person who was born in Russia, would be very interesting to get information about Stalin and all things that he has done to Russian people; because there are still families who do not know what has happened to their relatives. Some people were arrested and nobody has heard anything about them again. So, if I was invisible I would go to the libraries of different countries where they keep all these secret data. I could seat there and read anything I want and know all closed information. However, there would be one big problem: I could read documents on Russian and English but what about all other languages. Furthermore, maybe if governments decided to close this information for open public there is potent reason for it. Probably, it is good that we do not know everything; maybe one day we will but not now.
Having the super power sound as a very exciting idea; however, I think it is really hard to control yourself and do not do something bad. It looks like all things that I would use my super power for are unlawful. Even though I do not think that I am the best person in the world, I am not the worst one; this means that other people, who are not so nice like me, could use the super powers in purposes that can bring to disaster or make other people’s lives miscible. That is why I think that may be it is good that people are not able to have the super powers; it could make the world more complicated than it already is.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

Most of the things you would do would be unlawful, yet it seems nothing you would do seems harmful, so what does that say about the current laws?